- Great Jeans! by BP
I originally visited Bonobos to order Chinos, but I have actually been more impressed with the Travel Jeans and Denim that I have ordered. In the age of True Religion jeans and Affliction t-shirts, it is trying to find classic jeans without some weird back pocket stitching or fraying. Bonobos certainly fits the bill of providing well-made classic denim. I have a few pairs of jeans from the old collection that have become wardrobe staples. I was a little disappointed when I found out that they were killing the old line, but I was excited to try the new jeans, which are similar and retail at a lower price point.
- Fortunately, Bonobos did not sway too far from the old collection. The fit and styling are very similar. I have held an old and a new pair of jeans up together and I believe the cut is almost identical. Thus, if you liked the old line, you will notice minimal differences.
- The major difference is that the price point of the jeans has been lowered to $98. This is a very reasonable price to pay to not have to deal with malls or home removal of weird pocket stitching.
- The jeans are medium weight (not heavy), but the quality seems high. Made in the USA.
- The red front button detail is a nice, non-descript touch.
- As always, Bonobos customer service and product guarantee, are best-in-class in the industry. Very similar to LL Bean.
- I really liked the color of the old Medium wash jeans. The new design is much darker than the older pair and the website photo.
- Although the jeans are “Straight” fit, they are actually more of a slim straight fit. Think Levi’s 514. These are not the straight fit jeans that you will find in the mall and you do need to be trim to wear the jeans.
- These jeans have extreme vanity waist sizing. Size one waist size down from what you typically would wear at Gap/JCrew et. al. For example, I typically wear a size 34 waist and a size 33 is more than generous.
- Length is spot on, but my only wish is that an inseam of 33 would be offered. I have to get all of my pants from Bonobos tailored.
- Bonobos should offer a few more washes instead of just three options (light, medium, and dark).
Bottom line, these are great jeans and I do not think that you will find a better value (quality relative to cost) for a classic pair of jeans.